InterServer is a web hosting provider company that has been operating since 1999. InterServer was founded by Mike Lavrik and John Quaglieri when they were in high school. At first InterServer was only a web hosting reseller, then it continued to grow. Now InterServer not only provides Web Hosting but also provides Cloud VPS, Windows VPS, Dedicated Server, Colocation, Storage Server, and Email Hosting.
InterServer is headquartered in Secaucus, New Jersey, United States. InterServer currently has 3 data center locations, New Jersey, Los Angeles and New York.
InterServer provides a wide selection of domains, totaling 522 TLDs. TLD .com sells for $ 11/year, the same price for new registrations, renewals and domain transfers.
Web hosting consists of 4 plans, Standard Web Hosting, ASP.NET, Private Email Hosting, and Pro Hosting.
-Standard Web Hosting-
Standard Web Hosting is intended for PHP based websites. Standard Web Hosting features include:
· Unlimited Storage Space · Unlimited Data Transfer · Weekly Backups · SSD Caching Servers · LiteSpeed Web Server · 10GB Cisco Network · $4/month
-ASP.NET Web Hosting-
ASP.NET Web Hosting is intended for ASP.NET based websites. ASP.NET Web Hosting Features:
· Unlimited Storage Space · Unlimited Data Transfer · 25 Website/Domain · 10 Parked Domain · Unlimited Subdomain · Plesk Control Panel · Free Website Migration · $4/month
-Private Email Hosting-
Private Email Hosting is intended for email hosting services with our own domain name. Private Email Hosting Features:
· Unlimited Storage · Unlimited aliases, group lists & forwarding · SPAM & Virus Protection · 25GB Mailboxes · Free Email Migrations · $5/month
Pro Hosting is aimed at developers and industry players who run or resell web hosting services.
· Lowest plan, RS ONE $19.95/month: 80GB Disk Space, 500GB Monthly Bandwidth, Max cPanel Accounts 20. · Highest plan, RS FIVE $69.95/month: 240GB Disk Space, 2TB Monthly Bandwidth, Max cPanel Accounts 70.
Cloud VPS consists of 4 plans, VPS Home, Windows VPS, WordPress VPS, and Webuzo VPS.
VPS is an upgrade option when the Shared Hosting resources are no longer able to serve requests. The VPS consists of 16 plans:
· Lowest plan, $6/month: CPU 1Core, RAM 2GB, SSD 30GB, Transfer 1TB. · Highest plan, $96.00/month: CPU 16Core, RAM 32GB, SSD 480GB, Transfer 1TB.
This VPS is specifically intended for running WordPress-based websites. WordPress VPS is optimized by default and uses the Nginx web server. WordPress VPS consists of 16 plans:
· Lowest plan, $6/month: 30GB SSD, 2GB RAM, 2TB Transfer. · Highest plan, $96/month: 440GB SSD, 32GB RAM, 32TB Transfer.
For Windows users, there is a Windows VPS with 3 choices of operating systems, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019. The Windows VPS package consists of 16 plans:
· Lowest plan, $10/month: CPU 1Core, RAM 2GB, 30GB SSD, Transfer 2TB. · Highest plan, $160/month: CPU 16Core, RAM 32GB, 480GB SSD, Transfer 32TB.
By default, this VPS has a Webuzo control panel installed which can facilitate server and website management. Webuzo VPS Specifications:
· CPU 1Core · RAM 2GB · SSD 30GB
InterServer provides Dedicated Server, Large Storage Server, 10Gbps Dedicated Server, GPU Dedicated Server, and Rapid Deploy.
Dedicated Servers are available starting from 4 Core CPU (Xeon E3-1230), 8GB RAM, 250GB Disk, for $70/month. Up to 24 Core CPU (2 x Xeon E5-2678v3), 256GB RAM, 250GB Disk, priced at $260/month.
Large Storage Server with a very large capacity up to 120TB. This server consists of 24GB RAM, FreeNAS OS, 10TB Transfer, 1GB Port, and 29 IP Space.
10Gbps Dedicated Server, Dedicated Server with 10Gbps Uplink network speed. Its features include DDoS Monitoring, Private LAN, Managed Support, Server Monitoring, and Unmetered Traffic.
GPU Dedicated Server, servers with NVidia GPUs. Available in 2 packages, namely Single GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 and Dual GPU NVIDIA Tesla K40.
Rapid Deploy Server, a dedicated server that is fast deploying around 20 minutes. A fully resourceed server running on top of KVM virtualization. Standard features are 4 IP, 1GB Port, 10TB Transfer, Managed Support, no setup fees, 24/7 Uptime Monitoring.
The payment methods supported by InterServer are:
· Credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover) · Debit card with Visa and Master Card logo · PayPal
To help educate customers on web hosting and server configurations, InterServer has provided many tutorials.
*Try Web Hosting*
I tried to use Standard Web Hosting with WordPress installed.
*Web Hosting uptime for 1 week*
Web Hosting Uptime
I tried to use a VPS from InterServer with 1CPU specifications, 2GB RAM, 30GB storage, Ubuntu 18.04, and located in New Jersey.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 root@intrsrv01:~# lscpu Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): Vendor ID: GenuineIntel CPU family: 6 Model: 45 Model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.00GHz Stepping: 7 CPU MHz: 1999.998 BogoMIPS: 3999.99 Virtualization: VT-x Hypervisor vendor: KVM Virtualization type: full Flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology eagerfpu cpuid_faulting pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx hypervisor lahf_lm ssbd ibrs ibpb tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid tsc_adjust xsaveopt arat md_clear spec_ctrl
*Benchmark with nench.sh*[INPUT]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ————————————————- nench.sh v2019.07.20 — https://git.io/nench.sh benchmark timestamp: 2020-01-16 03:46:57 UTC ————————————————- Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.00GHz CPU cores: 1 Frequency: 1999.998 MHz RAM: 2.0G Swap: 1.0G Kernel: Linux 4.15.0 x86_64 Disks: ploop35220 30G HDD CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB 7.482 seconds CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB 13.537 seconds CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB 3.631 seconds ioping: seek rate min/avg/max/mdev = 100.6 us / 286.2 us / 57.4 ms / 915.7 us ioping: sequential read speed generated 4.13 k requests in 5.00 s, 1.01 GiB, 825 iops, 206.4 MiB/s dd: sequential write speed 1st run: 295.64 MiB/s 2nd run: 216.48 MiB/s 3rd run: 280.38 MiB/s average: 264.17 MiB/s IPv4 speedtests your IPv4: 216.158.228.xxxx Cachefly CDN: 104.71 MiB/s Leaseweb (NL): 25.75 MiB/s Softlayer DAL (US): 26.82 MiB/s Online.net (FR): 29.26 MiB/s OVH BHS (CA): 94.07 MiB/s No IPv6 connectivity detected ————————————————-
*VPS uptime for 1 week*
· Server locations are only available in America. · Unlimited Hosting is fixed with a limit of 250,000 inodes and is only allowed to use 20% of the resources at a time. · VPS still uses the old version of CPU and I/O speeds only reach an average of 264MB/s.
· 100% uptime for 1 week of testing, with a guaranteed uptime of up to 99.9%. · An affordable price. · Available in several plan options. · Free website migration. · Experienced for 20 years.
InterServer is more suitable for small and medium businesses or bloggers who want a more affordable operating cost, with a target audience from America.